If Injured In A Motor Vehicle Accident, Should I Contact An Attorney?

Car Accident

Kansas requires all registered vehicles that operate on its highways be insured. It is somewhat confusing when we hear the word “no-fault” when describing insurance. This does not mean that no one was at fault but rather certain insurance benefits are paid regardless of fault or legal responsibility. Typically, the no fault provisions which must be contained in an insurance policy for a Kansas registered vehicle pays for medical benefits and lost wages for the owner or beneficiary of such policy regardless of fault. Simply put, the insured (policy holder) or other beneficiary will receive the so-called “no-fault” benefits even if the insured is at fault.

All Kansas liability policies come into play when considering fault or legal responsibility. This involves an analysis of the “rules of the road.” Kansas is a comparative fault state meaning specifically that the injured party must be less than 50% at fault in order to recover benefits against the at fault party’s liability policy. An analysis should be conducted by an experience personal injury attorney due to many accidents involving the assessment of fault to more than one person.

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, then it is important to contact an experienced trial attorney in order to fully understand your rights. Contact us today at 316-213-9247 for a free consultation.

A personal injury claim is time sensitive meaning that it must be brought within the applicable Statutes of Limitations time; otherwise, it will be time barred. In order to avoid such a catastrophic event, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as practicable after the motor vehicle event.

The Law Office of Randy Stalcup will quickly schedule an appointment, which often can be accomplished via telephone at no charge. Contractual arrangement between the injured party and the law office will be contingency-based. This means no attorney fee if no recovery.

If you have received personal injury as a result of a motor vehicle event then it is important that you contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible in order to preserve your rights. It is recommended an injured party not give a statement to the insurance carrier without first consulting an experienced personal injury attorney.

If you have any questions at all which involve a motor vehicle accident then contact me today for a free consultation at 316-213-9247!

Other Related Articles:
Independent Contractor Versus Employee
I Tore My Rotator Cup But Was Forced to Work Early
Now That I Have An Off-Work Slip From A Doctor, What Do I Do With It?
Torn Meniscus At Work From Faulty Equipment
The Insurance Company Is Denying My Claim, But I Injured My Back And Cannot Return To Work
Retaining A Workers Compensation Attorney
My Only Eyewitness Refuses To Testify